Sorry folks for the delay on the posting of our next bread. Drum rolll......Challah - pronounced "Hallah". Luckily since I'm posting late, this is a straight forward formula with low maintenance ingredients. Challah has some amazing history as you'll read on page 133. It should be inspiring as we knead away....to know this is symbolic of God's goodness. AMEN to that!
Our family often buys Challah on the weekend at a local bread store specifically for the great French Toast it makes. Sure seems like our group likes French Toast so I thougth it would be fun to read about the etymology of the word. Not so much on tradition like some of other breads and good to see that IHOP has input on this history. Oh my!
Happy braiding and baking friends and I hope to post our next regularly scheduled bread on the 15th!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment