Wow - that stuff was amazing. Actually so amazing that we forgot to take a picture! And what an easy formula. I'm definitely going to add this to my traditional New Year's Day dinner of Black Eye Peas. I usually use the box mix (bad bad word for this blog) but box no longer! I did use the bacon grease on the bottom of my round cake pan. However that was the first time I ever baked bacon, I usually cook it stove top in pan. So I slightly overcooked it. The whole kernels of corn in the bread were fabulous and the sweetness of the honey was divine.
I did have one snafu in the formula which I quickly amended. I'm one of those kids in the 4th grade when you took the "Read all directions and questions first" test...I totally plowed thru the test and then got to the last question where it said you only had to answer the even questions. Is there anyone else out there like me? I was in a hurry (of course) so I looked over the ingredients on Thursday and made my list and then went to make the bread on Friday morning. However my cornmeal was supposed to be soaking in the buttermilk overnight. Hmmmm. But luckily it was 9AM so it soaked from then till 5 and still worked out great. The family gave raving reviews so this is a keeper.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment