I'm amazed that I had all the ingredients in my house, no running out to get some random spice. It was great fun, although I worked through two naps and a lunch and just finished in time for "afternoon tea" with my neighbor. It was a busy day, but I reaped a great reward!
Sorry, no picuters of the process. My excuse: I'm so worried that I'm gonna mess something up that I have tunnel vision and completely forget to take pictures. I even got the camera out and put it next to the "formula book" but I repeat... I was seriously focused.
This is my stellar braiding job. It was a bit challenging; I had to braid and unbraid a couple of times but once I finished... viola! I had to stretch the bread while braiding, otherwise we'd of had a very large bun-like Challah roll.
I've always had trouble with the "window pane test." The dough really didn't pass the test but I've heard over kneading isn't good... it makes the flour angry. So, after 12 mins of my Kitchen Aid working overtime and the dough not passing the test, I decided to get on with it.
Take a blind eye to my dirty oven door; apparently I don't use a streak free cleaner. But my comment to the above picture is, "Don't you wish this picture was scratch and sniff." My house smelled amazing for the rest of the night, even our bedroom smelled like bread.
Mmmmm... I can't believe I actually waited one whole hour until I sliced into this. It's wonderful bread. Although, it's thicker that I've had it... say, from professional bakeries. Apparently, they are masters at the window pane test. It doesn't matter. It's still just plain yummy.



Nice! That is one fine looking loaf of bread!
ReplyDeleteYour bread looks so pretty!
ReplyDeleteit looks delicious!
ReplyDelete